Tuesday 28 May 2013

KOKO'S DIARY: MY FAILED ATTEMPT AT TWITTER LOVE

-->

Hey DARLINGS LONG TIME NO HEAR!
twitter love gone bad.sighs! wait don’t even start to judge me cause it can happen to just anyone. That day I was chilling at home watching tv when my two elder brothers came and changed the television so rudely. It was time for a soccer game and as sure as hell they were not going to miss this one. No other tv in the house had dstv so I just picked up my fone and hit twitter. I just kept tweeting about how cruel guys can be when it came to football and even their mums and dads and girlfriends are second thoughts when their fav teams were playing. Not too long after I found myself tweeting about the match, yea don’t blame me it was trending all over twitter. Cant really remember what teams were playing tho but most football matches are always analysed on twitter and you know when a girl tweets or talks football, guys get really excited cause she speaks their language. I just kept lashing on the loosing team that day every pass and every fall.. hahaha it was just too funny. Then suddenly my mention alert came on and one guy had retweeted me like 4 tweets in a row. Damn mehn straight to check out his avatar, this had better be good. OMG OMG this cuteeeee guy tweeted at me??? I first wanted to ignore cause what if it wasn’t him on his avi and damn I wasn’t even following him. Then it hit me again when another mention came up.. the losing team was now equalizing and he tweeted ‘check again miss” I found myself smiling haha kileleyi? Anyway you know how it is with all this guys that are good looking, give them just one pass to look at you and whoop they totally get used to you trying to get their attention and I got no time for that mehn!!! The match was over now and it was like 2 hours gone I was already beginning to forget the whole semi awkward mentions from that yummy yum on twitter. Then the red light on my fone came on and it was a twitter alert. Please follow back he said!!! Yay!!!! That’s what im talking about bay bay!! I quickly retweeted and said Done. Now following. Days had passed after the whole match thing and twitter obvious chemistry but well we both just practically ignored everything at least I thought that was what it was till he sent me a DM, direct message?? Hmmm what was he up to this time I said. Hi my name is Makinwa just wanna be friends though no strings attached. Stupid much?? How can that be your first statement. Did I tell you I wanted anything more or don’t you know first impression are the longest lasting ones? If I liked him like 50 percent, that moment it dropped down to like 35. Sighs I replied like 3hours later and say hi Makinwa im KOKO. I waited with my fone for the reply and it just did not come. Ha ha is this guy a tease or what? He just didn’t reply till like 2days..  then sent hi KOKO in my mind it was already bye for him mehn!!! You know when you start a conversation and just don’t ever want to stop? That was the case o.. when we dropped the first 'to Dm or first to give attitude part aside, he was a really nice person to chat with making conversations and then you get to see yourself blushing real hard. Hmmmm that cupid had paid me a visit already. We used twitter and direct messages for like a week then since I wasn’t asking he decided to break the ice and ask the question.. can you send your pin K? im like really he already calls me K. not everyone knows to come me K after a while of talking I guess he was getting used to me…only God knows how many times I had opened that avatar. I just kept hoping he was the one. I searched him up on facebook after sending my pin and I wanted to be double sure he wasn’t just one of those scams with one picture looking to deceive girls on twitter and get whatever they could from it. What???? That same picture as his facebook profile… now that really made me sick cause I was expecting to see another bam picture or even pictures….. you know when something bad is about to happen and heaven keeps sending you all the signs you end up ignoring, that was t2e case for me here. Cause after all this happened, I couldn’t believe I ignored all the signs that were easy tell stories. We started talking on BBM after like 2 days he added me I was just angry at the animated dp he had up there. Change this dp I just kept saying in my mind, I couldn’t just come out to say it to him cause it will seem like I was desperate to see his pictures and really I wasn’t, scratch that I was…he then sent me 2 pictures without me asking and that increased the likeness almost immediately ooh thank God he wasn’t a one picture guy at least those other pictures were cuter than the avatar sef..We just kept talking into the mid nights and before you know what was happening we had exchanged numbers and where now on the morning afternoon and night call check up!!! Cute.. I was never really a type to keep my heart open but oh well he was really cute and his stud and awesome smile was enough to keep 10 hearts opened. Say like 3 weeks later we were planning our first meeting. He was definitely going to come see me cause there was no way in hell I was going to let everything get into my head and go looking for him. Ha ha KOKO it wasn’t up to that yet. He said he didn’t have a car and so he was going to come with a private cab and so wouldn’t be staying too long.. at that moment I didn’t care much all I wanted to do what check the face and be sure I had been chatting with the same person in the pictures.



Shoot me!!!! This guy was soooo cute.. he came up my stairs that day looking like a million dollar bill I was losing it practically… happiness ooo… but trust na I didn’t show it. We talked and talked and then I don’t know we talked a lot more hehehe. Then 2hours had gone by and it was time for him to go. Trust girls na I blabbed and blabbed to my friends about this cute guy I was about dating and I was too proud to show them his pictures and just be happy for myself. 2 or 3 dates had passed and he was still putting up the good guy attitude I even went to his place to see him and he was really gentlemanly no nonsense attempt to be foolish or anything of sort. I just noticed he wasn’t a good spender like the day we went out I had to add 1k to the bill cause he said the atm was messing up actually it really was cause I went with him that day. And then I paid for my cab home cause he didn’t even offer. This was a funny thing sha oh cause most guys will want to impress and pay for the cabs and all that. Well who would want to spoil the good memories of kissing and cuddling up in a movie date with just mere cab fares I could totally afford??? No thanks

It was my second time in his place and this time I was more relaxed than the first time. He knew the no sex policy and was surprisingly fine with it. When we kissed and he had a hard on, we joked about it and continued watching TV, that was so so cool to me tho I felt at ease. Then it was time to go home again and he just walked me to my cab guy waiting downstairs and kissed me and said when you get back to school baby please holla k? I just watched him walk upstairs like are you kidding me..

It was beginning to annoy me that he didn’t even say are you ok enough to pay your bills. I didn’t say pay, but at least don’t chicken out cause of 3k cab money what kind of man is this biko.. it was too shameful I couldn’t share it with my friends. Then I couldn’t hold it anymore I decided to bring it up when we were chatting at night. Why don’t you ever offer Makin? Its just not cool at all. He sent a smile and said cause you are not all the other girls, you are my baby and I want you to know the difference. 'HUH what stupid difference???' He then continued and said you see when the other girls used to come over to my place, they never left without money for cab and the rest. But I want you to be different so I want you to understand that I don’t have to pay for your cab when you come to see me. Cause you should always want to see me and it should never be like the other girls when they used to visit. At that moment it made perfect nonsense to me cause I felt he was trying to distinguish me from the rest of the girls. I had to let that one slide, you know weeks had passed now and it was getting to me birthday month. I was constantly his display picture and he would throw in some baby I love you pings most times. Then I went to make my hair one Saturday and forgot my fone at home only for me to come back and see 100 missed calls from his number. It was awkwardly sweet to know that someone had tried my number that many times in a quest to hear from me.. hmmmmm nice KOKO. We were not officially dating at least to me cause I was just practically getting to know him and he was sending mixed feelings cause every rubbish he did had a good enough excuse and I was not really feeling it much. Hurray my birthday came and you know all the love from friends and family can just blow you away! He had told me earlier though that he was kinda broke but would keep waiting for me a tiny surpsise in his house and when I was done with my friends I could just come over and spend the night. 12am came and the calls and messages and dp changes started to flood me. It is always a good feeling to see yourself trending and unless you are a super star celeb, it doesn’t happen everytime. My so called boyfriend in waiting if I can put it that way didn’t even call. Can you beat that? He just put up my picture and wrote in block letters “happy birthday my baby”. Through the day there were no surprise cake or gift or even call. Trust me na Then I couldn’t take it and I called him.. Makinwa badmus, what kind of human being are you that doesn’t call to wish happy birthday to someone you say you care about.’ He paused for a few seconds and then started off in the direction I wasn’t even interested in hearing at that time. No pity party pleads for the love of God you are just and idiot I said in my mind. He went on and on about how he didn’t want to disturb my day since I was already coming over to spend the night and he had been saving all the love for me. If I wasn’t so angry maybe just maybe that crazy line would have worked again. I just said ok and cut the call saying to call him when I was on my way.

You should trust girls to be kill joys when they want to be as they just kept asking what of that bobo na ehn KOKO where is he? No cake nothing for the birthday? I just found myself making excuses for that freak. ‘oh he has planned a private dinner for two” im actually going there soon just waiting to be done with you girls. I know they didn’t believe me but who cares. That was what I had to say and I already said it. I was now almost alone as I contemplated to go or not to go to see Makinwa. I walked out to school gate and then stopped a cab man! I was carrying a big bag I had packed earlier for my birthday getaway and then the last cake remaining I got from a good friend. As I looked down towards the cab man who asked me where I was going, I paused and thought for few seconds if going all the way to that bag of excuses was the right thing to do and why I hadn’t even thought of going home to my mama and family. I made the right choice going home that day cause my mum had made a special meal for the house to celebrate the birth of her last baby and I don’t regret it one bit cause even though I might have missed out on a lot of kisses, I got my mother's warmth which happened to be the last birthday I ever spent with her cause she died that same year after a brief illness.

Beware of twitter fine bobos….i need not tell you he didn’t call again after I ignored and blocked and unfollowed his ass on every network we had ever connected. well i never stopped wondering what that surprise he had in his house was anyway! hehehe

Signed KOKO

1 comment:

  1. Wow!first of all,koko,its abt dat tym we read 4rm u again.I almost jumped owta ma seat wen I saw ur article again.As 4 social netwrk hookups,dey'v always been a big joke.I'm sure u woulda regretted every bit of it if u ended up goin 2 his place on ur bday.be good n I'm expectin more 4rm u o...lotsa luv 4rm ur no 1 fan,Ogo.E

    ReplyDelete