Saturday 4 January 2014

Sometimes when I cry in movies, it isn't the script that makes me cry' says Mercy Johnson in a new interview

She has inspired a lot of young women to strive hard in their careers with a successful amount of movies to her name, mercy Johnson has climbed the ladder to the most featured and highest paid actress in the nigerian industry. In a recent interview she talked about her journey to stardom and how Genevieve Nnaji inspired her to try out for a movie role.


Read it below: 

"Sometimes when I cry in movies, it isn't the script that makes me cry. When I recall my humble beginning, I give thanks to God. When I remember how we moved into an uncompleted building and had to take cover whenever it rained because of the condition of the house; how my brother did a menial job as a bricklayer to earn a living and those days when we rolled over a stick to cover the windows up till the point when I started acting and raised money to cover the roof… I recall those days we were living with lizards because the floor and the walls of the house were not plastered, or when I had scars as a result of my several falls." She disclosed.

                                                             
On her journey into acting

"After my secondary school education, I failed the University Matriculation Examination (UME) and came back to Lagos to get a degree. While that was on, I watched Genevieve Nnaji in a movie entitled: Sharon Stone.  I later approached a friend for assistance to feature in a movie. He said I had a great body and that I would make a good actress. He later took me to the National Theatre, but a role did not come until a year later, when I had my first lead role in a film entitled: The Maid. "



11 comments:

  1. She is an inspiration
    She fought for her dream.
    God give me the zeal to fight for my dreams amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much as we can appreciate the honesty about her humble beginnings, the interview took another turn and it's so wrong on many levels. The first thing she was told after approaching her friend for assistance for a movie role is so wrong. So what about those that don't have that body?. After finding out that she'd a great body,what did she do with it to land a LEAD ROLE in just a year. It really doesn't matter what she did since she's already where she is in her career today i guess. Real good role model.smh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her alot, she is my best actress

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her alot, she is my best actress

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have heard you nastasticcca abi whatever you name is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you hating? She said her mind say yours.

      Delete