Monday 1 July 2013

[Interview] COMEDY ACTOR VICTOR OSUAGWU TALKS, MARRIAGE AND WHY HE DECIDED TO WED IN A TRUCK

 
In a recent interview with Leadership Magazine, comedy actor Victor Osuagwu shared his reasons for wedding his wife in a truck after waiting 14 years to do so... read after the cut
Why did it take you almost 14 years before taking your wife to the altar? 
Some people even said it was because I didn’t have money to organise the wedding. But to me, it was a deliberate act. It was a promise made to God that when he blesses me I’m going to celebrate my marriage in a very big way. I don’t  owe my in-laws, everything about marriage was done in 2002 but I promised God that if he keeps me alive by the time my last born would be five years old, I would celebrate my marriage, alongside my children. And that was exactly what I did immediately my last born clocked five.  
 
 
What motivated you to have your wedding in a truck?
That was my own way of entertaining people because the entertainment must continue and that is my job as a comic actor. I must apply all the tactics within my disposal to make my fans happy. It is not only on screen that I can make people smile and laugh. I felt that I could also achieve same without being on TV. I was using the occasion to celebrate my wife having endured for a long time waiting for me. I made my fans realise that I’m a core entertainer on and off the screen. Port Harcourt knew that someone was wedding on that day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment